"Mears Repatriation is a traditional, family-run Funeral Directors, operating on the international stage."
Steven Mears Dip FD
International Repatriation of Deceased
For more than twenty five years, Steven Mears & Mears Repatriation have been helping families, friends and communities repatriate their loved ones to and from all four corners of the globe, whilst understanding what a difficult and confusing time it is when a friend or relative dies while travelling, living or working abroad.
Leveraging expertise gained over four generations of Funeral Directors to deliver a true family service, we are now a team of more than a dozen international Funeral Directors with decades of experience.
Our multilingual team, lead by Steven Mears and Steve Ryan, will assist with repatriations to and from any country.
At our Operations Headoffice, we have staff members that speak English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Polish and Russian. In addition we have access to translators to many others.
We offer a completely flexible service, taking care of as much or as little as you want; from document processing and flight booking, to the preparation of the deceased for international repatriation and liaison with the Funeral Directors at the other end of the journey.
We will act in a speedy and efficient manor. Once you have decided to entrust your requirement to our company, you will be looked after by one named member of our staff throughout.
You, your family members and other parties involved in the repatriation can track the progress with our unique Progress Tracker, keeping you informed at all time (click for details).
Our combined airfreight logistic expertise enables us to organise the best possible airline connections, bearing in mind the respect required in dealing with Human remains within the confines and limits of procedures and formalities stipulated by Airline regulations.
A flight can be booked within a few hours of all documentation being complete for all repatriations.
In addition, our services include the following:
- Full International Repatriation services to and from any country in the world
- Advice on all Repatriation documentation and coffin requirements for:
- UK authorities
- All Embassies & Consulates
- All major airlines
- Documentation delivery service for Embassies & Consulates in London
- Regulations differ from country to country and we are only too pleased to advise on specific requirements for the required destination
- Translation services for official documents, i.e. death certificates, invoices & reports. We alleviate any language problems often associated with probate when death occurs abroad
- Freight booking services and airway bill production
- Collection and delivery service throughout the UK 24 hrs per day, 7 days week
- Unsealing the repatriation coffin and removing the metal lining
- A range of coffins conforming to international shipping regulations (zinc lined, air-trays, Italian and French coffins)
- Urns suitable for international transit including zinc lining of traditional wooden urns
- Embalming services suitable for all cases going to tropical climates
- Coffin or Casket choice - click here
Repatriation News and Feedback from our Clients:
We are pleased to announce that we have now published our new 'Client Repatriation Brochure'
Repatriations from Birmingham Airport to Romania.
As the population of Romanian citizens gro..
Repatriations from Manchester Airport.
Over the past couple of months Mears Repatriation has..
We are delighted to confirm that Fulvia Carmando has joined the team at Mears Repatriation as o..
It all happens to a Funeral Director on the Thursday before an Easter Weekend!
At 11.30am on..
On Wednesday this week we were contacted by a Client to repatriate his Father from Southampton t..
Thankyou email from one of our Clients with regard to a Repatriation to Jamaica
We have today completed a repatriation to the Republic of Uzbekistan. Directly to Tas..
Some feedback from one of our Clients regarding a repatriation to Ireland.
We completed about ..